Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ways to Hang Wall Art

So now that I have all this free wall art, what do I do with it?

My first project idea from pinterest was buying a bunch of cute frames and spray painting them the same color.  This was all well and good until I discovered that the very cheapest thrift store frame was $5, and I wanted an assortment.  So, I visited the Dollar Tree.  Once I had my five ($1!) frames and my can of $3 bright yellow spray paint, I managed to come up with the following.  The only downside I discovered was that the paint tends to wear off if something rubs against one of the frames.


My next project idea, inspired by my last RA's hall decorations, is a clothesline of prints.  This was pretty easy with some jute string, nails, and clothespins.  We put it in our dining room.


The tribute for my last idea should really go to my amazing roommate.  We were trying to do some rolled paper frames I'd seen on some blogs, but we just couldn't get them to work.  So she had the idea of just cutting the cardstock into cool shapes.  When it came to arranging the finished product, we decided to put them around a dull corner to bring it out...and the effect is SO COOL.




No comments:

Post a Comment